Principles of Real Estate Engineering – Canadian
|900C – Principles of Real Estate Engineering - Canadian: An
introduction to the basic principles of engineering within the right of way
profession; provides insight into the information contained in engineering plans
as well as the practical applications of engineering tools.
|Principles of Real Estate Engineering – Canadian
| 16 QEU / CEU
IRWA Course 100C “Principles of Land Acquisition – Canadian” (or equivalent),
or a minimum of two years right of way engineering experience
This two-day, beginning-level course
introduces participants to the basic principles of engineering drawings. By the end of this course,
participants will be able to understand and interpret engineering drawings, use an engineer’s scale,
determine the engineering effects of a project on a property, understand the background and become
knowledgeable about the most common systems and methods of property descriptions, and be able to
write and plot property descriptions using various methods.
- New SR/WA: A core course that is required for the RWA certification.
- Industry: A core course that is required in all 4 pathways for the RWP certification.
- Understanding the basic principles of engineering drawings
- Understanding and interpreting information on plans
- Using an engineer’s scale to determine distances
- Identifying types of highway curves
- Determining the effects of a project on a property
- Understanding the background of property descriptions
- Become knowledgeable of the basic features of property descriptions
- Become familiar with the most common systems and methods of property descriptions
- Writing and plotting property descriptions using various methods
Course Tuition Includes
- Participant Manual
- Engineering tools (engineering scale, protractor and straight edge)
- Financial calculator
- Mechanical pencil
Who Should take this course
This course is designed for the novice or new non-engineer employee but is
also a valuable refresher course for experienced agents.